Lovely Fall

Have you noticed? We're really starting to get some nice color out there. And I don't mean just us at Wahkeena. I really enjoy my drives to and from work this time of year. There are a few spots I pass by that are really gorgeous! Here at the preserve, there is a spectacular maple at the start of the boardwalk. The dogwoods are a burgundy red color, and there are still lots of different colored asters in bloom. Oh, and although not everyone will appreciate this, the poison ivy is one the prettiest things out in the woods right now.

So, here are some pictures from around the preserve of fall colors. These are NOT from this year, nor are they indicative of this particular time in October. I just want to share with you what you might see as the fall season progresses.


Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,