A broken record...

I've said it before, and will say it again. In fact, I'm saying right now. You just never know what you will see out here.

I just took a quick call from my husband. I went outside to get a better signal and sat down in the shade in the front yard. As we were talking, I see a deer walk out of the wetland area near the bench at the top of the driveway. Wow! She is beautiful! She stops near the culvert area on the driveway, but something is still moving. I look very hard at this deer and say to my husband, I think there is a fawn there too! In fact, I think it is a very small fawn and it appears to by nursing! Wow again! I have never seen this before! It reminded my of a little lamb - the tail wagging in happiness, the head butting in impatience. This went on only for a few minutes then the doe started to walk off. Then everything became clear. Not just one tiny fawn, but two.

I have the best job in the whole world.

Labels: , ,